The Council co-manages the ACT’s Concessional Registration Scheme (CRS) in partnership with the ACT Road Transport Authority (RTA).
The CRS provides for the registration of veteran, vintage and historic vehicles and motor cycles at a concessional rate under the following conditions:
- The owner must be a financial member of a club
- That club must be affiliated with the Council
- The vehicle must be more than thirty years old
- The vehicle must comply with the RTA/Council modification policy for CRS vehicles
- Vehicle use must comply with the Government’s CRS rules
- The vehicle must carry a log book and all trips must be entered prior to departure and completed on return
- The vehicle must be authenticated each year by the Registrar of the club to which the vehicle’s owner belongs
Currently there are nearly 1200 vehicles on CRS in the ACT.
Further details on veteran, vintage and historic registration under this scheme are available from the RTA website.
This site also provides relevant information on unregistered vehicle permits, duty exemptions for registration on newly-restored veteran, vintage and historic (VVH) vehicles and a range of similar issues related to the CRS.
Further advice is available in the Council By Laws (on the Downloads page) or from the Council Registrar.