Marques in the Park | Sunday 10 November 2013
John Knight Memorial Park Lake Ginninderra Belconnen ACT
Please see below some requests from the organiser:
- I need about 6 volunteers ( names/numbers) to carry out traffic marshalling within the area for about 3 hrs in the morning from 7 am to 10 am and generally be seen during the day ( Hi Vis vests provided)
- One representative from each motoring organisation to be responsible for arranging their members ‘s area
- Names/number of anyone with Senior First Aid Certificate that will be present on the day .
Marques in the Park has grown from 200 cars in 2003 to over 800 in 2011, this is the 10th year and we are hoping to get over 1000 vehicles on display, showcasing over 100 years of vehicles from the Canberra Region.
Details and Facts
· The display will begin at 10.00 am and go until 3.00 pm
· John Knight Park is on Aikman Drive Belconnen, AC.T. · Entry to Marques in the Park is FREE for participants and spectators · Espresso coffee and Food stall selling hot food and cold drinks · Trade stalls selling goods and services for motoring enthusiasts · Event sponsor, SHANNONS·
Marques in the Park is the spring time motoring display for the Council of ACT Motor Clubs and remember this event is for everybody:
· Young and Old, People and Cars · Bog stock to Hot Rod · Primers to Candies · Street Cars to Street Machines · Rusty to Restored · Street hacks to Show Cars · Push bikes to Drag cars · Vintage Caravans to transporters